Correct Resistance welding
Upon Weld It should take into account several factors, in the following Alcavil will share some tips for proper quality resistance welding.
The first thing to consider are some rules for good resistance welding.
Rules for good weld
- Check the weather grip: squeeze too short, time can result in the expulsion of metal, electrodes burned, bad weld, their parts are marked, damaged or burned tubes.
- A squeeze too long, significantly shortens the lifetime of electrode, can cause excessive dents and cause internal cracks that this may result in solder faults.
- Weld quality, You can not judge the quality of the welding checking the finish welding partially. If non-destructive testing is used, They must use test strips of the same material.
- Welding time too short results in a little force soldier, assuming all other factors are normal.
- A too short It may result in that electrodes sticking, internal cracks in welding slag, and dents.
- the welding pressure too low It may result in the expulsion of metal, electrode damage (adherence), short electrode life, internal cracks in weld nugget, Dent and sometimes excessive.
- the High pressure welding It may result in a low resistance or variations in weld quality, collecting mushrooms electrodes, and excessive dent.
- With all other correct settings, current setting welding to meet quality standards.
- If he electrode contact is too small could lead, the excessive current passing through it. With a large contact area too would flow with less intensity (Current is adjusted in reference to what welded).
- Misalignment of the electrode or that this will lead to sizzle unpaired ,displaced welding and wear electrodes acceleration
- A bad cooling system will result in electrodes mushroom tip and short-lived, cracks on surface. It is important that the water flows through the cooling tubes. Also, water pipe must be almost to the bottom gently introduced inside the cavity of the electrode each time an electrode is replaced.
- He soiled material-. dirt stuck on the electrode surface will shorten life, leaving marks and causing the work surface burning. electrode and mark and burn the work surface
- The overspeed when the electrodes They make contact, accelerates wear of the electrode and this in turn can cause damage to the equipment welding projection, and harm projections, which will result in a poor weld quality.
- Do not weld in the same place twice to try to cover up a bad weld. To do this properly, the work must be cooled and then it must be hit with a much higher current. If you do not get the welding you want with a bang, it means you are using a stream or wrong machine for welding
Resistance Welding electrodes and electrode holder Dos and Don'ts
- What to do
- Use the material for the specific electrode for the job you are doing
- Use electrodes Standard whenever possible
- Using specific diameter material thickness to be welded
- Use drain open view to observe easily as water flows through the gate electrodes
- Connect the inlet hose to the inlet water right holder electrodes for water to flow through the cooling tube top center
- Internal cooling of the electrode tip with cold water flowing at a rate of at least 1 / 1/2 gallons per minute through each electrode.
- Adjust the cooling tube water internal electrode holder at the correct height when an electrode is installed with different length.
- Make sure the top of the cooling water pipe electrode holder is cut at an angle to avoid jams down and leaking water.
- Place a thin layer of conductive grease on the tip of the cone before inserting it into the electrode holders, to make it easier to remove
- Use the ejector button electrode holder to facilitate removal of the electrodes and prevent damage to these.
- Keep the conical shape of the electrode to facilitate removal of the electrodes and prevent damage of the same.
- Check the electrode for straightening need to maintain the quality of the welding.
- Use rubber mallet alignment operations electrode.
- Provide a flood cooling on both sides of the wheel welding Sewing.
- Never use electrodes unidentified electrode material.
- Avoid special electrodes, modified or irregular when the electrode can be done with a standard electrode.
- Do not forget to turn on the water cooler before you start welding
- Never use a water hose to the water connection nipples holder not fit comfortably.
- Do not allow water connections clogging.
- Avoid using porta electrodes leaking or deformation.
- No use porta electrodes having no internal water cooler adjustable
- Do not allow the tube cooler water from freezing by the accumulation in the tank. Pour a little oil will cause the tube remain unfrozen.
- Do not allow electrodes They remain seated in idle state in the electrode holder for long periods of time.
- No use Stilson wrench or similar to remove an electrode.
- No utilizar White lead (lead carbonate) or the like to seal leaks cone
- Do not allow the electrode tip so that might impede its deformed grinding.
- Never tip of limes electrodes iron with a file.
- Do not allow welding seam It is out of the corners of the work being done.